MC-283 Alexandra Bridge
$2.75 – $5.50
The Royal Alexandra Interprovincial Bridge is a steel truss cantilever bridge spanning the Ottawa River between Ottawa, Ontario and Gatineau, Quebec. It is known locally as both the “Alexandra Bridge” and the “Interprovincial Bridge”. It was constructed by the Canadian Pacific Railway between 1898 and 1900 just east of Parliament Hill at Nepean Point in Ottawa. Its name was changed in September 1901 to the “Royal Alexandra Bridge” in honour of the new Queen during the visit of her son, the Duke of Cornwall and York, later George V.